A controversial billboard advert showing a naked female model in a suggestive pose has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority ruling.

The most-complained-about advert in five years
The Yves Saint Laurent Opium perfume advert featuring Sophie Dahl attracted 730 complaints, making it one of the most complained about in the ASA's history.It clearly caused serious and widespread offence
On Monday evening the watchdog ordered all the posters to be withdrawn because they are "degrading" to women and offensive. Christopher Graham, ASA director general, said the poster was sexually suggestive and likely to cause "serious or widespread offence" thereby breaking the British Codes of Advertising and Sales Promotion.The ruling may also force Yves Saint Laurent, part of the Italian luxury goods maker Gucci Group NV, to have its posters pre-vetted for up to two years if the Committee of Advertising Practice requests it.
Earlier this month Plaid Cymru backbencher Brian Hancock complained that one of the Opium posters was on the Welsh Assembly doors.
There has been no comment from the Yves Saint Laurent company.
'Offensive' Opium posters to be removed
Tuesday December 19, 2000
The Guardian
A poster of the model Sophie Dahl posing naked on a fur rug in an advertising campaign for Opium perfume is to be withdrawn because it is deemed to be too sexually suggestive and degrading to women.
The removal of the billboard adverts, which show the 23-year-old granddaughter of the author Roald Dahl lying on her back cupping one breast in her hand and wearing nothing but gold stiletto-heeled shoes, was ordered by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) last night.
The Yves Saint Laurent perfume campaign, which has caused widespread controversy since it appeared in more than 500 locations over the past three weeks, has become one of the most complained about adverts in the ASA's history.
Plaid Cymru backbencher Brian Hancock was among those who complained to the ASA this month after one of the Opium posters was put up near the Welsh assembly's doors.
The authority's ruling council yesterday asked for an assurance that every poster would be removed and that the picture would not be used in such a way again.
Christopher Graham, ASA director general, said: "This was the most complained about advertisement in the last five years. As a poster it clearly caused serious and widespread offence." He said it was sexually suggestive and likely to cause "serious or widespread offence" thereby breaking the British codes of advertising and sales promotion.
The ASA received 730 complaints about the picture from members of the public who had found it too sexually suggestive and unsuitable for display on the streets.
The image, from a photograph by Stephen Meisel, was deemed as acceptable when it appeared in print media in October and November because it was targeted at a specific group of consumers and only elicited three complaints, according to the ASA.
"We ruled that it was acceptable in that case because it mainly appeared in women's magazines and was seen by a target audience.
"This was unlikely to cause serious or widespread offence, whereas when the posters went up nationwide the complaints flooded in," Gary Ward, the authority's head of communications, said.
The Opium advert was the most controversial since 1995 when the ASA received 1,100 complaints about the British Safety Council's leaflet promoting safe sex with a picture of the Pope wearing a crash helmet, he added.
As a consequence of the ASA decision, Yves Saint Laurent may now be forced to have their posters pre-vetted for up to two years if requested by the Committee of Advertising Practice.